When it comes to canine and feline health, there are many instances in which pet blood work or some other form of laboratory testing is required. Laboratory testing is often recommended when a pet is suspected to be ill, but it can also be used for healthy pets to establish a wellness profile. With the test results, we can obtain details about your pet’s systemic health without the need for invasive procedures.
Liberty Veterinary Medical Center is equipped with an in-house bloodwork suite and laboratory, where we can perform a number of diagnostic tests for your pet during their appointment, on the same day. Our system allows for rapid blood chemistry and blood cell analyses as well as pre-anesthetic screening. Many other tests are available the same day for your pet, specific to the condition and symptoms your pet is experiencing.
Types of Pet Laboratory Tests
Pet laboratory testing aids in the diagnosis of a number of diseases and other conditions. Some of the most common tests we perform include:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) to check your pet’s red and white blood cell function as well as platelet count
- Chemistry profiles to check your pet’s liver, kidney, and pancreatic function as well as glucose, protein, and electrolyte levels
- Fecal exams (to detect internal parasites)
- Heartworm testing (blood test)
- Feline leukemia (FeLV) testing (blood test)
- Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) test (blood test)
- Urinalysis (to detect various diseases)
- Dermatology testing, including skin scrapings and cytologies (to test for skin infections and cancer)
Remember that we ALWAYS check all of the above parameters before a surgical procedure at our hospital. If you would like to schedule a blood work in Hinesville for your pet, or any other test, schedule an appointment today!